Skip to main content

My White Trash Picture Learnin' Book

I was thinking about writing an irreverent picture book. Here's the start of it. I would appreciate any comments, threats, suggestions, thoughts.  Thanks to both of you readers ahead of time. John


MY WHITE TRASH PICTURE LEARNIN' BOOK

By Karrielynn Jackson
 
 
This is my White Trash Picture Learnin' Book and I am six and I have two brothers and 1 sister and none of 'em knowd as much as me.
 
 
Cipherin'
 
There are 4 things on the kitchen counter an one of  'em is dead.
 
The others you kin eat.
 
If Becky et one and Joshua et another, and the dead one is still dead, how many do you got left?
 
Answer: One-that ain't dead.
 
 
Animal Sounds
 
Neighbor's dogs go Bark, Bark, Bark and don't never goddamn shut up.
 
 
Cats go Purr, Purr, Purr 'cept when your daddy throwd them off a bridge in a pillowcase.
 
 
Armadillers are for hittin' with the truck and don't say nothin'.
 
 
Hogs squeal Oink, Oink, Oink and r hard as hell to trap.
 
 
 
 
Fun Facts
 
 
 
If you hang meat from a rope and tell a Pit Bull to go on and chomp on it, that Pit Bull will jump up and chomp on it and never let go of it, lest you tell 'em to let go. They'll just hang there till they die.
 
 
Momma's Ecernomics
 
 
1. You send the check you wrote to pay the power company to the phone company.
 
2. You send the check you wrote to pay the phone company to the power company.
 
By the time they send 'em back and say you mixed 'em up, you done got your paycheck to pay 'em anyways.
 
 

 



Comments

  1. Hysterical, or should I say, gosh-darned shittin' me funnny.
    Keep it up. Certainly unique.
    Y'all aiming dis un at de wate trash? Dey might use it fer lernin.
    -Arthur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur,
      I thought your scientist persona was a ruse. You speak the white trash vernacular a little too well. Hmm.

      Delete
  2. Haven't come across this pertickler genre before but love the humour as always! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a local thing (white trash). I grew up in a tough neighborhood. Everything in the post happened. The genre is writing Children's Picture Books for Adults. We can make fun of the kids but we won't let them read it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nisei

My new novel, published by Black Opal Books:

After the attack on Pearl Harbor, the United States government encouraged all eligible young men to enlist immediately in the fight against its enemies overseas. All eligible young men except Japanese-Americans.Nisei is the story of Hideo Bobby Takahashi, a Hawaiian-born Japanese-American who must overcome prejudice, internment, and the policies of his own government to prove his loyalty to his country.Narrated by Bobby Takahashi and read by his son, Robert, 46 years after Bobby’s death, the story details the young Nisei’s determination to fight honorably for his country and return to the young love he was forced to leave, a girl he cannot have because she is white. Nisei on Amazon

Deviant Acts

October 12, 2015 00



My newest novel, Deviant Acts, was released November 14. . My publisher sent galleys of the book to well-known reviewers like, Kirkus, Publishers Weekly, and Book Page. I paid for the postage and the cost of the galleys, so I hope they did, anyway. I really don't expect to be reviewed by the big boys and girls, though I believe the book is written well enough and has a good enough story to consider a review. But then again, like all other authors, I'm in love with my writing. A natural progression for authors is that your first hate your writing, then you doubt it, and then you love it. The doubt it stage usually produces the best work. I wrote Deviant Acts when I was in my doubt it stage, but now I love it. I know. I'm as confused as you are.
 What is the origin of this book? How did it surface from the goo of my brain? When I sire a novel it usually comes from actual events I've experienced, or from current and historical events that others have e…

NEW AUTHOR WEBSITE

Please visit my new website:  www.jjwhitebooks.com
Play some chess against a computer on the site and listen to some classical music.
Sign up on the site to receive news of new books or events.
I won't sell your e-mail and I won't send you spam. Scout's honor.
I'll also be moving this blog there as soon as I can figure out how visitors can comment on it.
Also, my story The Adventure of the Nine Hole League was published in the Sherlock Holmes Mystery Magazine #13

JJ